Data Protection Policy
Data Protection Statement
1. This website, worksafeandwell.co.uk , its subdomains and microsites (Site) belong to Ann Diment trading as AMD Consultancy.
2. Your right to privacy is very important to us and we know that when you give us information about yourself, you trust us to be responsible with it. We’re committed to protecting the privacy of those using our Site and the confidentiality of the personal information that our members and website users give us. We will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information.
3. We will aim to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 whenever we handle your personal data
WHAT INFORMATION WILL YOU COLLECT ABOUT ME?
4. When you use this website you may be asked for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, date of birth, email address and telephone number. By giving us such information you agree to our using it in the manner described in this policy.
5. Cookie information, pages you have requested and your IP address may also be recorded by us from your browser as set out in this Data Protection and Privacy Statement.
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
6. Any personal information you give to when using and/or registering with our website may be used for the following purposes, either by Ann Diment or those working on behalf of AMD Consultancy:
• updating client records
• completing transactions with you
• communicating with you
• keeping track of areas of the website that you visit so we can improve the Site
• telling you about projects, products and services
• advising you of other products and services which may interest you
• improving our services, and
• quality and training purposes.
7. AMD consultancy staff and it’s appointed agents may be able to see your internet protocol (IP) address when you post a message on our site. This is the address used to connect your computer to the internet. This information is for use by AMD consultancy only and is only used to prevent misuse of the site. We won’t disclose your IP address to anyone, unless it’s legally requested.
8. Any personal information you give to us will only be used by AMD consultancy and by its agents and service providers. We won’t sell or share personal information with third parties unrelated to it.
WHEN YOU BOOK ONTO AN EVENT RUN BY AMD CONSULTANCY
9. Your personal information may be used to promote worksafeandwell.co.uk or AMD Consultancy and market its courses and products. The data will only be disclosed to organisations that are associated with the company (including partnership organisations) and not to any other organisation. AMD Consultancy and partner organisations may use your personal information to let you know about other services and products that may be of interest. If you’d prefer not to receive details of other products and services, please let us know at the time of booking.
10. A photographer may be at the event. Please email email@example.com if you don’t want your photograph to be taken.
WHEN YOU BOOK ONTO AN EVENT RUN ON BEHALF OF WORKSAFEANDWELL.CO.UK
11. If you register to attend or event run on behalf of/in partnership with our company, you may link to separate sites so your contract may be with one of our partners instead of directly with us. In those instances, our partner’s data protection policy may apply.
12. Except as identified above, your information will only be disclosed to third parties where permitted or required by law. Also, if you post or send offensive or objectionable content on the website, we will lawfully be able to use whatever information is available to us about you to stop abusive behaviour.
HOW CAN I SEE THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE ABOUT ME?
15. You have the right to a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge a reasonable administration fee for information requests. Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEEPING YOUR DETAILS UP TO DATE
16. We will try to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If you become a registered subscriber or member of the site however, you are responsible for keeping your details up to date
17. If you register with our website, you can choose what information you want to get from us and where it should be sent. All the marketing emails we send you will have an ‘unsubscribe’ option on them.
KEEPING YOUR PASSWORD SAFE
18. You’re responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your password. You agree to indemnify us against any costs, claims and liabilities suffered by us arising from, or related to, your access to and use of the Site. You also agree the same regarding any other person’s use of the Site where they access the Site using your password.
19. You should take the necessary steps to make sure your password is kept confidential. If you think your password has become known to someone else, or if your password is being used in an unauthorised manner please change it immediately.
If you have any concerns about security, please email email@example.com
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I FOLLOW A LINK TO ANOTHER WEBSITE?
22. worksafeandwell.co.uk contains links to other websites. This Data Protection and Privacy Statement applies only to our Site and to the relevant microsites owned by us. We are not responsible for any use of your personal information that you provide to third party websites which may be accessed from this website. So, when you move to another site, you should read the Data Protection and Privacy Statement of that website.
What’s a cookie?
24. A cookie is a small file containing an identity code. A cookie is written by the website server of the website you are visiting. They are stored on your computer and can only be read by the server that writes them.
27. If cookies are disabled in your internet browser you may not be able to access certain areas or get the most out of our site.
28. Users are able to set their computers to accept all cookies, notify them when a cookie is issued or to opt not to receive cookies at any time. Every internet browser is different. To organise your cookies, please check the ‘Help’ menu on your browser.
29. If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the internet, and how you can manage your own preferences, you may find the following links useful:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
All About Cookies
30. If you would like to contact us about a specific issue regarding cookie use on the Site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANSFER OF YOUR DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EEA
31. As part of the service offered to you through this website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
35. We know that your privacy is important to you. If you have a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
36. We reserve the right to update this Data protection and privacy statement at any time. You are advised to review the data protection statement regularly to make sure you’ve seen any changes to this statement.
Ann Diment April 2017